As a Military service person, it is inevitable that you will receive several PCS (Permanent Change of Station) orders. Sometimes you are moving alone and other times you will be moving the whole family to a new military station/base.
Military moving can be stressful, that’s what ASAP Movers is here for! We are honored to offer our humble services to take care of you, our proud military soldiers, and your families.
We aren’t involved in all aspects in your move so here are a few tips of ours on what you should do in preparation for your move:
- Reach out to your Personal Property Shipping Office (PPSO) to guide you.
- Stay organized!
- Keep a checklist for things you need to be done. Look at our “Moving Tips” page.
- Create moving binder with important documents. I.e. Birth & Marriage certificates, etc.
- Prepare drawers by putting things in Ziploc bags.
- Take photos of the back of your electronics to remember how it is setup.
- Remove wall mounted object before packers arrive.
- Throw out toilet brushes, mops and brooms.
- Empty trash and medicine cabinet.
There are many factors that come up with moving while you are in the military. We will take care of you and your belongings like they were our own. Here at ASAP we take pride in serving those who serve us. We want to make your move go as smoothly as possible and we will do everything in our power to do so! Thank you for your service and we hope we can move you and your family soon!